There are so many rules to follow for laundry day. What should be a simple task has you running the risk of ruining your daughter’s clothes every time they get dirty! Sometimes, following the labels on clothing isn’t enough to know what to do with them, especially with seamless underwear, which often doesn’t have tags. Thankfully, we are here to help you care for them with ease.
We’ll show you how to wash seamless teen panties in a way that will save you money–if they don’t get worn-out, you won’t need to keep buying new pairs until your daughter has another growth spurt. With proper care, her undies won’t slide or bunch awkwardly, either.
How to Care For Seamless Underwear
When you properly care for your delicates, you extend their life and in turn, your daughter’s comfort. Let’s walk through our expert tips and tricks for caring for your daughter’s intimate items.
Can You Throw Them in the Wash?
Technically, you can throw your daughter’s seamless underwear in the washing machine. Turn them inside out, place them in a lingerie bag, and use a mild detergent. Better yet, use a detergent specifically designed for intimates or delicate clothing. This is available in the same aisle where you can purchase laundry detergent.
How to Wash Seamless Underwear
Whenever possible, hand-wash your daughter’s seamless underwear to increase their longevity. Because hot water damages the elasticity in panties, we suggest using cold or room-temperature water. Don’t twist the fabric as you’re rinsing the detergent out because this will stretch the fabric. Here are some step-by-step instructions on washing seamless panties:
- Fill any bucket or basin with cold water and mix in your favorite laundry detergent.
- Rub the solution into your daughter’s panties using a soft brush.
- Let the garments sit in the water for five to fifteen minutes.
- Pour out the solution and add water back into the bucket (without detergent this time).
- Let the panties sit in the water for five minutes.
- Repeat steps one through five until the water runs clear.
- Remove the panties from the bucket and squeeze them until they’re damp. Be careful not to twist them!
- Press the panties dry with a towel to remove excess water.
- Hang dry the panties on a clothing rack or let them dry flat on a towel.
Can You Tumble-Dry Seamless Underwear?
We recommend you do not tumble-dry seamless underwear because the dryer reduces the elasticity in the garment and can cause it to become ill-fitting after it has dried. Instead, we recommend laying them flat on a towel to dry. If you absolutely must toss them in the dryer, don’t use any heat.
Maintaining your daughter’s underwear will keep her wearing the same pairs for longer, saving you money and ensuring she parts with her favorite panties less often. If you weren’t following these steps before, your daughter’s panties may need to be replaced. Thankfully, Yellowberry has seamless underwear for girls ages eight to fifteen. Shop our selection to find pairs in your daughter’s favorite colors today!
Looking for more information, including how to choose the right size of seamless underwear for your daughter? Check out our latest posts!